14 Ways To Prevent Blockages In Your Drainage System
Drainage System's Can Clog At Any Time Without Any Regard For Your Schedule. Clogged drains can mean leakage and poor quality because of water left sitting for too long. But it can be avoided, through maintenance.
Drains that are clogged are due to debris accumulation as well as tree root intrusions, grease or small objects getting stuck in the drain. Even clear pipework doesn't write off the chance of clogging in your home's main lines.
However, By Following These Rules You Can Avoid A Clogged Drain
1. Use a plunger to remove minor clogs quickly and easily.
2. Remove the stoppers in the bathtub and clean out your drain a couple times a week. Don't forget to wash the stopper before setting it back into the tub.
3. Put A Mesh Barrier On Your Bath And Sink Plugs To Catch Hair That You May Lose While Washing It. It is vital to ensure that hair doesn't enter the drainage system, for the same reasons that you prevent food from going down the kitchen sink.
4. If you remove loose hairs before taking a bath then there will be less chance of a build - up in the drains.
5. Get grates installed over your drains. Do Not Use Corrosive Bacteriological Drain Cleaners On Your Drains.
6. It is never a good idea to plant or grow flowers and trees near your drainage system's pipes to lessen clogging due to intrusion of tree roots.
7. You should have an annual contract with a drainage company so they can conduct inspections regularly and help service your drains. Companies like Drainage Cheshire in Cheshire have specific packages for different periods. You should discuss the importance of taking care or your drains with your family.
8. Do not use chemical cleaners on your drains to keep them strong. They are corrosive and will damage your pipes overtime.
9. Don't Put Your Waste Or Any Object In Your Drains. It is not a dustbin.
10. Especially avoid putting things in the drain such as fat, grease, coffee, gum, food, medications and condoms.
11. Basically, only water should be going down your sink drain for your toilet drain, nothing but water, urine, and faeces.
12. You Can Use Your Wire Coat Hanger As A Hook When You Straighten It And Then Pass It Into Your Drain To Remove Debris That Accumulates There.
13. Keep grease from building up in your drain by regularly pouring hot saltwater through your sink.
14. Along with these tips, are less traditional ones. But, just ensure you avoid acidic The main thing is to never use acidic solutions.
If you try all these tips and still have no luck fixing your drainage system and are without a drainage company contract to back you up, don't force it. Instead, you should get in touch with a plumber. If you are a resident of Cheshire, call the technicians at Drainage Cheshire, to restore your drainage system to pristine conditions.